Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 6... Freezing Cold and the Ice Capades

A: 5:30AM: Wake up to 2 alarms going off at the same time. I'm so tired that my eyes are twitching.
5:40AM: 3rd alarm goes off... I'm still awake and laying in bed thinking about shaking my booty in a warm up.
5:50AM: 4th and final alarm goes off and I finally decide to get up and pack my gym bag.
6:05AM: I realize that I am shaking my booty instead of packing my gym bag... this is why K is always getting on my case for being late.
6:25AM: Head upstairs to make lunch.
6:35AM: Leave for the gym.
7:02AM: Do not die on my way into the gym like I thought I would. Enter my fiery purgatory.
7:35AM: Get much needed encouragement from K as I almost die trying to finish my tricep exercises.
7:50AM: Sit in the dry sauna.
7:56AM: Follow K out in complete confusion.
8:05AM: OMG THIS IS SO FREAKING COLD I CAN'T STAND IT!!! I DON'T CARE IF MY HAIR IS GREASY I CAN'T BREATHE... I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT... THIS IS NOT TOLERABLE. Oh finally my body temperature has lowered enough that the water starts to feel warm.
8:40AM: Whilst walking out of the gym I realize that I am about to walk through what appears to be water. I think... oh no, my feet will be cold OH MY GOSH I'M LOSING MY BALANCE K GRAB ME... I reach around for K and can only find her shirt. I'm carrying my purse, my gym bag and am wearing heals. The water was in fact black ice and it will now be my destruction. My life flashes before my eyes, people are staring, no one rushes to my aid... I'm going down. I can't catch myself, finally I end up doing a triple axel and landing very gracefully with all the flourish of Sasha Cohen.
8:45AM: Buy lots of fruit and veggies.
9:00AM: Off to work.


K: 5:52 AM wake up before the alarm goes off because I cannot breathe right.
5:54 AM cough up a lung
5:59AM I'm finally able to breathe.
6:00 AM turn off alarm and get ready to leave.
6:30 Leave for the gym.
7:00 Text Amanda to see if she is there yet... she is a slacker and is still 2 stop lights away.
7:05 AM enter Hell.
7:40AM Think... I am going to die... Here at the this gym, with the crazy man in too much eyeliner and the black lipstick. Here at this gym with the splasher and the army crawl guy... here at this gym where the steam room smells like someone had and accident... I will meet my demise. OH THANK GOODNESS! I'm finished with my arm exercises.
7:50 go sit in the dry sauna.
7:55 AM see someone I know and sneak out, because on today of all days after a weekend of being sick, I look like a WWIII survivor and would prefer not to been seen.
8:00 AM Take the coldest shower of my life. There was definitely shrieking and possibly real tears involved.
8:40 AM watch Amanda almost die on a piece of ice. She fell very gracefully but almost ripped my shirt off in the process. Laughed for the next 30mins about how funny it was.
8:45 AM go to the market to get some fruits and veggies
9:00 AM Work work work


4 comments:

  1. I know the too much black eyeliner guy...I call him the Cirque du Soleil Wannabe. I just don't know what's going on there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be modest! Sasha Cohen wishes she was you.

    You guys are pretty funny. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to decide which is better. A has suddenly made a miraculous step into Purgatory, while K still seems to be in Hell. This implies there is a way out of Hell. I would, however, like to make a suggestion: could you please let us readers know what your level is by using Dante's Inferno as a reference?

    ReplyDelete